Friday, August 28, 2009

From Bucharest to Budapest


Chain Bridge, the First bridge between Buda and Pest
Ponte das correntes, primeira ligacao entre Buda e Pest


Vajdahunyad Vára, Agricultural Museum - Museu da agricultura


Heroes' square - Praca dos Herois


My nightmare - Meu pesadelo


Central Market - Mercado central


Danube River - Rio Danubio


Cluj


Cluj


Romania


Romania


Romania

Uff, harder times passed: 11 Hours from Bucharest to Cluj in Romania. Some wonderful landscapes and a lot of traditional Romanian villages. On the train I shared the compartment with other 5 persons and one Lady could speak English.
Arriving at Cluj I just walked with my almost 20kg to the center and had a beer and an ice cream as reward, as food a sandwich. And the time until the departure of the OrangeWays bus passed quite fast.
Arriving in Budapest at 7:00 I just left my heavy bag at the hostel, the check in was only at 11:00 am, so I had time to walk around and see the the city.
The Romans founded the town of Aquincum around 89 AD and have been replaced around 900 by the Magyars, who founded the kingdom of Hungary. Buda and Pest felt to the Ottomans and stayed in the hands of the Turks from 1541 until 1686. As heritage they left a lot of medicinal baths.
First I walked direction Danube river and took a look around. The architecture of the city is an attraction by itself.
I went to the Central Market (Nagyvásárcsarnok) were I had the brilliant idea of having breakfast... a bad idea... as I spent my morning in the restroom. Now I'm OK again, at least I hope so. In the afternoon I saw the other part of Pest: Chain Bridge, Parliament, etc. Tonight I had a soup :( because I get nightmares only thinking about that crappy bred with cheese. And now it's time to sleep. Enjoy the pics.

---------------------------------

Uff, tempos difíceis passaram: 11 Horas de Bucareste ate Cluj, na Roménia. Algumas paisagens maravilhosas e uma série de aldeias tradicionais da Romênia. No trem Eu compartilhei o a cabine com outras 5 pessoas e uma senhora falava Inglês (que me deu algumas dicas antes de passar mal).
Chegando em Cluj eu andei com meus quase 20 kg de bagagem ate o centro, tomei uma cerveja e um sorvete de recompensa, e um sanduíche pra enganar a fome. O tempo até a partida do ônibus Orangeways passou muito rápido desta forma.
Chegando em Budapeste, às 7:00 eu deixei minha mochila no hostel, o check-in era só às 11:00 horas, por isso tive tempo para passear e ver a cidade.
Bom, os romanos fundaram a cidade de Aquincum cerca de 89 dC e foram tomados cerca de 900 DC pelos Magiares (Magyars), que fundaram o reino da Hungria. Buda e Peste foi ocupada pelos otomanos e permaneceu nas mãos dos turcos de 1541 até 1686. Como herança que eles deixaram um monte de banhas medicinais.
Primeiro eu andei direção do rio Danúbio e dei uma olhada por ai. A arquitetura da cidade é uma atração por si só.
Fui ao Mercado Central (Nagyvásárcsarnok) onde tive a brilhante idéia de tomar café da manhã ... uma péssima idéia ... pois eu passei a manhã de hoje, no banheiro. Agora estou OK, ao menos assim espero. A tarde eu vi a outra parte de Pest: Chain Bridge, o Parlamento, etc Hoje à noite comi um sopinha: (fico com pesadelos só de pensar naquela porcaria de pão com queijo. E agora é hora de dormir. Curtam as fotos.

2 comments:

  1. why that photo's name is 'my nightmare'?
    something wrong with that food?-look like Doener

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe...
    yep... some bad times in the WC in the mornig after...

    ReplyDelete