Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bucharest


Madonna ????


Contrasts


Bucharest


End of Communism Monument / Monumento ao fim do comunismo


Parliament / Parlamento


Fountains


Hehehe


Sofia


Sofia = Cultural Center / Palacio da cultura

My last day in Bulgaria was without big emotions... I wanted to go to the Ethnological museum but it was closed. In the Palace of Culture also no exhibition... so I spent the day walking around and taking a look at the other part of the city.
In the night 00:30 I left to Bucharest from the bus station. The bus was from the company "Grup Plus" and the price was 50 Leva, about 25 Euros. Quite Ok because this night I don't need to stay in the Hostel :) The border controller from Romania was funny, he asked if I was coming to join his soccer team, hehehe. Poor team if I would. I was quite afraid because the diplomatic agreement for free transit of Brazilians in Romania and vice-versa is quite new but he was informed.
In the morning we arrived in Bucharest, the guy just woke me up and told "Finito", but don't ask me where I was. I was expecting somewhere close to Gara Nord. According to the answer of the woman that sold me the ticked (no English, no German, no French, no Spanish, Portuguese no way... only Bulgarian) when I asked "Gara Nord????" she told "Da" in other words Yes. Actually I was expecting to arrive there but now it was a bit late to complain with her, hehehe. Some locals just pointed me the closed Metro Station. To make it short, I arrived at the hostel in less than one hour.
The day in Bucharest was walking around, and a lot because all museums were closed :( First I bought my ticket to Cluj Napoka: train departing at 7:30 and arriving at 16:??. In the night I will take a bus to Budapest-Hungary. The city of Bucharest is nice and has a lot of contrasts: new and old buildings together, dogs and BMW's around, gypsies predicting the future and selling small stuff around (but nobody approached me... I'm really curious why they haven't...)
I remembered that Alpar told me that meat and polenta is a traditional combination, so I went to a restaurant and got a delicious plate following this idea. The place was also amazing, an old style building.
After I went to the Parliament building, it's gorgeous. And also the hundreds of meters of fountains in front of it (take a look in google earth if you don't believe hehehe). Coming back I got lost, so I had the opportunity to see something outside my path. Some streets I just took a look in from the corner, but would never step in with a camera on my neck hehehe. Back to the hostel there I saw some strange movement of security, black cars, helicopters and police, later I realized that it was Madonna coming for a concert tomorrow. I got a picture but don't know if it was her car, there were a lot of black ones.
PS.: Thanks for your comments and mails, hope I can share some fun with you even being a bad writer.

-----------------------

Meu último dia na Bulgária foi sem grandes emoções ... Eu queria ir pro museu etnológico, mas estava fechado... então eu passei o dia andando e olhando a outra parte da cidade.
As 00:30 parti para Bucareste a partir da estação de ônibus. O ônibus era da empresa "Grup Plus" ao custo de 50 Leva, cerca de 25 Euros. Ok porque esta noite eu não preciso ficar no Hostel:) O controlador de fronteira da Roménia me perguntou se eu estava vindo para participar de sua equipe de futebol, hehehe. Pobre equipe se eu fosse jogar com eles. Fiquei com medo, porque o acordo diplomático para o livre trânsito de brasileiros na Romênia, e vice-versa é recente, mas o cara estava informado.
Pela manhã, cheguei a Bucareste, o motorista só me acordou e disse "Finito", mas não me pergunte onde eu estava. Eu estava esperando chegar em algum lugar perto de Gara Nord. Segundo a resposta da mulher que me vendeu o bilhete (nada de Inglês, nada de alemão, nem francês, nem espanhol, portugues de jeito nenhum ... só Búlgaro) quando eu perguntei "Gara Nord ????" ela disse "Da", em outras palavras, sim. Na verdade eu estava esperando chegar lá, mas agora era um pouco tarde para reclamar com ela, hehehe. Algumas pessoas só apontaram a estação de metro. Para ser breve, eu cheguei no albergue em menos de uma hora depois.
O dia em Bucareste passei andando, e muito, porque todos os museus estavam fechados: (Primeiro eu comprei o meu bilhete para Cluj Napoka: trem com partida às 7h30 e chegando a 16:??. À noite, vou tomar um ônibus para Budapeste, Hungria.
A cidade de Bucareste é agradável e tem um monte de contrastes: as construções novas e antigas, cães e BMWs na rua, ciganos para prever o futuro e vendendo coisas pequenas (mas ninguém me abordou... Eu estou realmente curioso pra saber o motivo ...)
Lembrei-me que Alpar disse-me que a carne com polenta é uma combinação tradicional, por isso fui a um restaurante e comi um prato muito bom. O local também era legal, um edifício com estilo antigo.
Depois fui para o edifício do Parlamento, é enorme. E também as centenas de metros de chafariz na frente dele (dê uma olhada no google earth se você não acreditar hehehe). Voltando Eu me perdi, e tive a oportunidade de ver algo fora do previsto. Algumas ruas Eu dei uma olhada de canto, mas nunca entraria com uma câmera no meu pescoço hehehe. Voltei para o albergue lá que eu vi algum movimento estranho de segurança, carros pretos, e os helicópteros, depois, percebi que era Madonna veio para um concerto de amanhã. Tenho uma foto, mas não sei se era o carro dela, havia um monte desses carros pretos.
PS.: Obrigado pelos comentários e e-mails, espero que eu possa compartilhar a viagem divertir com vocês mesmo sendo um pessimo escritor.

3 comments:

  1. Grande Marcelooo
    Fico sem palavras para essa tua aventura....parabéns!
    Um grande abraço!
    Jonas Melo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooling!!!!! Congratz buddy, amazing trip, great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcelo:
    Putz...até Madona. Jesus Luz, CUIDADO!!!..rrss
    Abraços
    Ana Lariça

    ReplyDelete